YOUR EYE and COMPANY

Your Eye on Photo [Photographing the journey]
Blogging about photo and life

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do kids still use their imagination?

I was having a conversation with a Mom and Grand mom about how we as children used to have to provide our own imagery.

We used to play outside a lot more and in doing so, we invented stories in which we were all participating as characters. Mostly they were super heroes or thematic representations like a mom, a teacher, a pirate etc.... We did not consciously know this or even cared. the only thing we knew was that it was fun.

When friends were not available or when we couldn't go outside, I remember reading a lot. We had at our house, those large illustrated books that were big and heavy. As soon as I started reading, I embarked on the adventure. I imagined I was part of it. I am not so sure our kids get much chances to do this any more.

I think that subconsciously, I kept the special places from those adventure books that were close to my heart alive. Now, I have the chance to share all this and maybe give the opportunity to a few kids to experience the joy and the fun of role playing. Of course at my studio it is done with flair... The kids come in, get costumed, step onto a scene and play. While doing so, they get photographed. I must admit; I have just as much fun as they do throughout the whole thing.

Tattle Tales Portraits are about being the illustration in the story. I try to bring to the experience the way I felt while reading my big books. I have had very favorable feedback from the children and from the parents too. And now, the children can be their own illustrations.  have their own story books with their name and images inside.

See for yourself the different stories your children can be part of...

Happy Imagining!

Desiree

P.S. You're in luck. There are three different themes on throughout March Break

No comments:

Post a Comment